Felicity's Weight Loss Journey

Hi my name is Felicity. I am 45, married 10 years November 05 and live in a small town in the middle of the South Island. I have been over weight since I was 11 and always hassled at school.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

My weight loss is causing no end of havoc

about 12mths into my journey I read in the business section of paper that shares and sales in Cocoa Cola had slumped to all time low and now this its terrible...Tiptop are closing in Christchurch and why because in last 7 yrs(just happens to be exactly 7 years almost to the day since I started my journey) plant has made losses of 21million dollars...wow didn't think I ate that much icecream and why haven't I got a healthier bank balance for not now eating it...fresh fruit and fish sales must have sky rocketed in that time.

I have had a great weekend considering how it could have been.

We got to Chch on Thursday night I dropped Mum off at aunties and meet with the gals for 'supper' ( i made myself some salald and smoke chicken b4 leaving aunties so didn't eat just had much needed cold drink) left there jst b4 12..made arrangements for weekend and had some laughs.

Friday I when for a 30 min walk b4 starting the day cause knew it wouldn happen later...then we left for hospital braced ourselves for the sight of very tiny prem bub but she looked fantastic...Mum and Dad and big brother where there so we could go to the unit and right up to her crib...I was sure we would have only been able to see her thru the window at the most(memories of when my son was in unit like 30yrs ago...things have changed) and no gowns just wash hands. She is breathing on her own and since been moved to another end of unit and therefore closer to ward room...she is doing AWESOME. (sunday Mum went home so guessing she is fretting and at hosptital as much as possible). We spent an hr or so there by time we found carparks and rooms etc...we went back from unit to Mum's room and gave her all the bubby parcels by tiem I got to give them yes I agree there was a bit of stuff...but had to get some prem stuff and can't have a new great neice with out a pink teddy its just wrong. I won't tell anyone I still have a large bag of stuff herebut its bigger things and would look huge for Miss Chloe number 2 just now. After hospital I had arranged to meet my brother visiting from Perth still hadn't told Mum who we were meeting...so drove to arranged place...it was such a sight...Mum looking out car window I was trying to find a park, she said "gee that fella looks like David....IT IS DAVID" my ear is still ringing. So we picked him up took him back to Aunties and had lunch and chaatted. About 3 I took him back to place he is staying arranged to all meet for tea and I went onto see my friend (the one not at all well) and her granddaughter Chloe # 1 I got lots of holds and she is just so beautiful and the look of pride on Chris' face when she was awake and with it(cause she is fading and in the hr I was there drifted in and out of consiousness and one part the look on her face to her daughter as if she didn't know who it was SAD is not a strong enough word) So that was a neat visit if I didn't think of how bad Chris looked and she was determind to make it to hold her first grandchild and she did so all is good...one of the talks we had was that she is gonna hold on now till the wedding so would be great if she can but a huge thing me thinks...mind u this lady was suppose to be dead 10 yrs ago and many times in that 10 yrs she was very bloody close so she is a tough old bird and nothing would surprise me, but I miss the Chris I know and love...but have to get off that subject now cause I am getting teary.
After I left Chris I shot into Eastgate Mall and the warehouse put some baby toys on layby...went to $2 shop sale all stock half price so got Eli (big brother of Chloe number 2) a toy to play with at tea he and his Dad were joining us and he'd been a bit miffed in the morning with only getting 2 small parcels and baby got lots...and as I had been in my travels and collected some booties I had ordered for all 3 of the babies b4 going to Chris' I thought I'd get him a wee something else too. I also got some cute moulds for at beach train, boat, plane and thinking car but can't reember 4th one for making jelly in for hubbies b/day (train one anyways) and can use others for parties or kids visits...cute for $1. On way back to Aunties I took a wrong corner and got completely out of the way I was travelling and a 10 min trip took me 45 so it was screamed in door splashed water on some bits of body and out again with Mum for tea. Met both brothers, nephew inlaw (if they were married) and Eli big bro of Chloe number 2, and the girls and hubbies came too so it was a great table of fun and laughter...we stayed till nearly 10. Then parted company the girls and I arranged to meet next day for our Sat plans and off home for a much needed sleep...see why I knew I wouldn't get a walk in later in day.
Sat woke to screaming noise so dashed out of bed...Mum was sleep in bed aross room and Aunty was a sleep in her room wat was the noise...went to kitchen chairs on floor????? into loo cause by this time I was needing too and here was Aunties cat and a stray in the toilet...so I quickly shut doors to other part of house by this time Mum was up so screamed at her to stay out of course she opened door what is going on so she got YELLED at. Managed to get cats out checked for puddles and then explained what was going on...it came about later in day it was new neighbours over fence they had moved in earlier in week and first night they had left cat out...still not found on Monday. So needless to say I was awake by now...so decided I would go toAquasize afterall...had said I would have to give it a miss time wasn't gonna allow...so had brekkie and off for another full on day. Aqua was great and really felt I had done some good. Spa after was lubbly and really could have stayed in there longer...but was meeting Rach at 11 it was 5 past when I got out of spa so showered and dressed and she was waiting out side(I had txt change of plan) we then walked to Convention Centre but Jo was running late so decided to have a coffee I was goin to have a very nice looking apple and bran muffin but someone bet me too it darn them...so just had coffee everything else looked to sweet and not wat I wanted...then Jo arrived and we went to the Expo...NOT AT ALL MY CUPP OF TEA but the girls wanted to go and I couldn't get out of it as hard as I tried...Erotica need I say any more...except I have never seen so many naked beings in my life and hope to never see them again...some are in my memory for life and evertime I close my eyes I see them horror. Anyway think we stayed an hour or so I tried not to think about it at all reaally...then we went to Rachels changed into our walking clothes..by this time it was after 1 we needed feeding again so went to a yumy cafe in Ferrymead had a chicken and verge tortilla stack YUMMO and coffee and loads of water nattered for ages...Rachel wasn;'t keen to do walk so wasn't really incouraging moving. About 3 I said come on lets go so we parked car at Heathcote an off we went over the Bridal Path...this being the trek the Pioneers carved when they trailed from Lyttleton to Christchurch on arrival from the mother land....straight up hill (yesterday work friend said was it lots of hills I said oh no just one just took 45 mins to climb it) This is anther off my to do list The Bridal Path walk is something u gotta do with school but can't ever remember it being high on my list of excitement as a kid but now I am getting fitter and healthier I wanted to do it again and will do it more times it was great. By tiem we got there itr was VERY hot and took a lot out of ya but I ws determind to do it we got to top had a few wee leans on fencepost or tree on way up then ther is a very comfy fence at top we sat on for guessing 10-15mins b4 I got Jo to take photo of me by the memorial for Women Pioneers and off down other side to Lyttleton...straight down and loose single was hard to get a grip on sometiems and slipping wasn;t something to start when stopping wasn't readily available so caution was the word of day. 3/4 way my legs went a pequliar jelly and was a horrid feeling but me thinks it is a common one cause not long after there was a seat for looking at the scenery so we used it for a min or two and got our legs back and on we went into town and a LOVELY cold drink of Lemon Lime and Bitters never even thought to ask if they had diet...then we caught bus back to car...wait for bus was about 20mins Dropped Rach at her house she was off to a 6yr old b/day BBQ and Jo and I went ad got FnC for our teas dropped Jo at her gate and I went back to Aun ties I had said I'd cook Chicken Pasta but it was 8 by time I got the FnC and wasn;t in any fit state to be cooking tea and it not be ready for at least another hour...so what else can u do. Actually the chips were very nice and not at all greasy actually the paper had little if any grease and the fish was nice but I did eat the batter TOUGH Hubby rung spoke to hime while eating tea coffee and bed by 10...oh bed yeah!!!!
Sunday oh here we go all over agian...dropped Mum at Church in Ferry Rd(near where we had tea on Fri night and got FnC on Sat night but no where near we stayed travelled miles just on same peice of road all weekend) and I went over to Burwood Spinal Unit to see my friend who's hubby had accident last month....not looking forward to it at all. She was showering him when I arrived so I waited in family room for unfortunately most of time I had for visit but tough Mum would have to wait...when I did get to see them G wasn't as rough as I imagined he's be and they were both amazinly brigt and cheery and if possitive thinking does help recovery then they are gonna be ok cause they are both AMAZING. I am so glad I went and stayed for about an hour...txt Mum at 12 on my way collected her and off to Chch Womens Hosptial for another quick visit with baby and Mother b4 we leave town...as I said above baby had been moved so my neice was holding her when we arrived this was lovely to see...Eli was gettingrestless so we walked down to car feed some more money in metre and back up to ward which gave Mum and S a visit then we had to go. It was now like 1.30 and we were both starving so were going to get lunch at Denny's ick but carpark was full and we decided wold take to long...so went around to a place caled Rob Roys they have yummy Sunday roasts for $8 and they are bg meal and would keep us going for trip home so we had that couple coffees and lime and soda and were ready for next leg of day....grocery shopping actually it only took hour and 10 mins to shop and pack car sometimes takes hour jus to load car....then back to Aunties who by now had txt had we forgotten to go back for our stuff she thought we must have left town. Got our bags another coffee said our goodbyes and she was in tears cause she didn't want us to go guess her treatment has played with her emotions a bit. Left Chch at 4 traffic was bumer to bumper coming back into Chch all way to Raikia where we turned off for quieter road...there had been a motor bike rally on a classic car show soemthing with BMX bikes and horse floats so we decided a pony show along with the normal weeknd traffic it was BUSY. We got home after couple stops for coffee and toilets at just on 8.30 unpacked car put away perrishibles and BED slept like a log.

Did I have a nice weekend away yes I did but don't ask did I have a quiet restful weekend cause I will thump ya heheh

3 Comments:

At March 06, 2007 4:16 pm, Blogger Chris H said...

Hells Bells, I got tired just reading about your weekend... had visions of you popping up here, there and everywhere! You sure packed a lot of visiting into your weekend, some lovely, some sad. I even found my mouth watering over your "food stops", ha ha. Hope your week is quieter!

 
At March 06, 2007 4:40 pm, Blogger Anne said...

I'm exhasted after reading that!

 
At March 07, 2007 7:36 am, Blogger Sue said...

I'm so glad to hear you're planning a Wellington trip - it will be lovely to see you again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home