Felicity's Weight Loss Journey

Hi my name is Felicity. I am 45, married 10 years November 05 and live in a small town in the middle of the South Island. I have been over weight since I was 11 and always hassled at school.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Yes well er um!! Where have I been for last few days?


Well no reason for my absence really other than to tired to think of anything to say. I did try to post from work one slow afternoon but couldn't get logged in., but even then didn't really have anything much to say.
Have had a dull headache for couple of days..it won't budge. I have been pretty tired but that is just cause it was so SLOW at the office and I was bored silly. I haven't been as good with food this week...some nights I have eaten after tea, maybe just an apple or something but the week b4 I was so good never had nuffin. Couple of nites I went to bed so not to eat, how sad is that.

Friday my boss said "well u have lost weight with all ya walking" I thought wow if Rex has noticed maybe it is happening. couple of other comments have been made too so I am pleased it really must be coming off. I was begining to wonder if it was all in my mind. Ya read about different ones lossing 10k and dropping 3 dress sizes here I have lost 35 and still wearing same clothes and it is disheartening....in reality of course the skirts I am thinking of are now so much longer on me because the don't have so much area to go around so hang nicer and my 'good' skirt which is a fitting size 30 actually I couldn't wear for some time and when I wore it for sometime b4 that it was up under my boobs because it was to tight if I wore it on my waist and everytime I sat down more of the lining ripped...NOW I have repaired the lining and wear it back on my waist and it is the length it is meant to be and getting loose. (so in reality this skirt should hae been a 32 34 to have fitted me it now is loose so could be a 28 and half so 34 to 28 is 3-4 dress sizes and they say 10k equals a dress size what is your problem girl) So yes I have lost dress sizes but can't tell and it really is a mind thing this weight loss. I also know in my own mind that the clothes feel easier to wear and look better on...there is a bit of 'shape' in my body where as b4 my body started at my face and u coudn't tell what was chins and what was fat ankles-they all blobbed in together. Now I can see a bit of neck and then there is a curvy bit that might be considered a waist, might not be an hour glass figure but it is a shape. And I know my ankles are smaller, they hook together better when I cross them instead of slipping off each other all the time. My watch and rings r looser so my hands are thinner also. Ok maybe yes I have lost some weight...but I think I am in one of those frames of mind if I woke up at goal I still wouldn't be conviced.
Tuesday I go to see the dietician. What changes have I made in 6 weeks since I seen her;
Cut out spuds.
Changed breads from molenburg to burgen.
Changed fruit bread from tip top to burgen.
No sugar replacement in coffee.
Cut down fruit snacks.
Changed from full of fruit biscuit to fruit digestives.
Eaten rolled oats instead of cereals and cremolta.
Did lots of research on Low GI.
Checked food labels for sugar etc.
Lost 7 kilo's.
Set myself some more challenges.

Yeap I can be proud of these acheivements. I have done well.
So slapping myself on face and getting back into prospective how far I have come.
All the wonderful comments and praise I have been getting on here really does give me a buzz and I am pleased to be sharing my journey with you all. Thanks guys.

3 Comments:

At August 21, 2005 3:10 pm, Blogger jak said...

You're doing so brilliantly Felicity! You should be so proud of yourself, this post shows how far you have come already. Good on you! :)

 
At August 21, 2005 7:53 pm, Blogger Suzy said...

You are doing well. Your list of changes shows that! Keep up the good work. Hope your headache is gone.

 
At August 21, 2005 7:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mate you have made some amazing changes! good for you! I completely understand what you were talking about ... not being sure if you could tell if it was coming off! Guaranteed after 35kg you'll be losing lots of inches - nice work! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home