Felicity's Weight Loss Journey

Hi my name is Felicity. I am 45, married 10 years November 05 and live in a small town in the middle of the South Island. I have been over weight since I was 11 and always hassled at school.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Gee 10 days since last post



Was waiting for results to be posted from Duathlon before I updated
It was another great event, not as well organised as sp k but still a great event. Weather was perfect. 5.5k walk 12k bike in 1.50:45 so happy with that. We also managed to get car packed groceries done and be on road back home by 3pms so pulled into town at 7.30 and NO WHERE NEAR AS BUGGERED as last time. Have checked out the web pages for next years dates Contour Series duathlon starts 8th October in Chch so it starts all over again hehehehe. Hope the SpK one continues next season, next event is June 4th 18k walk in Chch (Chch marathon) then Sept 10th Dunedin 1/2 marathon walk a group of us are going to do that one from Chch and Dunedin so should be great support network.


Scales were looking really good on Wednesday morning and I thought anyday now I'll be at my 125 goal mentioned this to hubby and later in the night he came home from getting petrol with a pizza I could have killed him...next day scales were up 2k. So this morning (well actually that was yesterdya morning now looking at the clock) they were nearly back to pre pizza weight. Hope by Thursday I'll be able to grab some time from work and go for a weigh in...work all week at my Friday job that I hate so much BUT as of the 21st I won't be working there-finished yippee and if the rumors are true in the nick of time too as apparently the other office girl is leving July so if I hadn't handed in my notice could have been landed right in it.

So far Easter has gone well, my plan was Hot Cross Buns Friday and NO EGGS at all. This has worked todate. I was given a couple of eggs from work mate and my boss gave me a boxed set with little eggs and a big one I gave them all to hubby and said I never want to see them again...I noticed the empty box yesterday in spare room...isn't he good sacrificing himslef like that eating chocolate to save me.We went for a 10k bike ride together on Friday morning he is working rest of weekend, I'll go again tomorrow.

Oh yeah nearly forgot while in Chch last week I went to the Willow shoe tour, I have mentioned Willow shoes before...an online shoe shop for size 10-12 and wide feet. They do a tour of the country each season well it was Sat 8th in Chch well I was in heavan could have stayed all day just trying on shoes as every pair I like and tried fitted can you believe if 8 pairs of shoes all fitted me in same place. I had 3 pr in my arms but while I stood in the que sence provailed and I only got 2 pr ($340) one for work oh they are so comfy worn them 4 times and not even a pinch least of all blister. AND a pair of ankle boots oh I feel so good in these I have always wanted to have a pair try them on every year but can't get more than my toes in them but these slipped on with ease and look so darn great under my jeans....Mum says they'd look ok under a skirt too but no so sure I wore them Friday night to drinks after work and felt just so good and NORMAL.

Woke at 1am with a stiff neck again oh well 2 days without pain was nice. Have it bound up in a towel with heat packs on and have rubbed in some muscle stuff might try for some more sleep.

4 Comments:

At April 16, 2006 12:54 pm, Blogger mimbles said...

Comfy shoes AND a pair of boots! How wonderful :) A friend of mine came over last night wearing the most beautiful knee length boots and I was thinking how much I'm looking forward to being able to wear something like that. A nice pair of ankle boots is a great in between step - I wonder if there's anything similar to Willow here in Aus.

I'm in awe of your duathlon effort, it must feel great to achieve something like that - very inspiring!

I hope your neck is feeling better. Enjoy the rest of the long weekend!

 
At April 16, 2006 2:47 pm, Blogger me said...

Good on you Felicity, another Duathlon completed...You go girl!!:)

OH..a shoe shop just for size 10-12...now that would be HEAVEN..wish there was a shop like that in Aus.

The low fat hot cross buns turned out nice, just making sure I don't have TOO many of them.
Hugs.

 
At April 18, 2006 8:31 am, Blogger Chubbymum said...

Love the shoes... very sexy.

Wow you are doing so well with your duathalon's etc... good on you girl.

Love CM

 
At April 18, 2006 8:00 pm, Blogger Anne said...

Gorgeous boots! Bet you do feel great in them:)

Once again you've blown me away with another amazing effort - well done Felicity!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home