Felicity's Weight Loss Journey

Hi my name is Felicity. I am 45, married 10 years November 05 and live in a small town in the middle of the South Island. I have been over weight since I was 11 and always hassled at school.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

18k bike ride

Yesterday (saturday) I planned on going on my canal bike ride all up is 18k. I set off at9.15 it was still crisp but alovely morning I decided to wear a jacket though and am pleased I did. Trekked along at a steady pace stopping breifly at begining of canal to blow my nose and have a swig of water and re-ajust myself on the seat oh those cycle shorts will be bliss. Managed to get a pari off trade me so hope they fit. Got to the motor camp hill and did it in a higher gear than last time and after 14 k so pleased with that. continued on to home and guess what only 1 hour 10 minutes. I was stoked.
Home for a shower. I had taken a peanut butter sandwich with me on bike but didn't need it so munched onit on way to massage. Decided to walk so didn't have to jerk when driving home after after 2 hours of sheer heavan I walked around to Mum's for a coffee. No sonner had I walked in the door the phone rung it was hubby he had gone to town for the day on his motor bike and rung to say he had a flat tyre come and collect him. shit. So much for not driving. So finished coffee walked home to find van needed water etc etc so floudered around getting that hitched the trailer got ties for holding bike and I was off about an hour after he rung. Got gas. Trip is normally only an hour but with trailer(which had no warrnet so sure didn't wanta be noticed) I only travelled at 80k 3/4 on way i started feeling strange and loosing consintration. Realised by now it was nearly 4 and I hadn't eaten any thing substancual since breakfast at 7.30 and thenmy long ride and massage. Stopped at a road side takeaway bar and got a coffee...there greasy menu didn't apeal but the coffe was good and nice clean toilet phew. I hadn't thought to grab a jacket and it was getting cold and I was tired. Got to hubby at 5. He loaded bike while i walked down to toilet again then we went for coffee and i had a bowl of soup and crusty bread. Not the best choice it was very cheesy but was warm and filing.Back on road again at 6 home at 7.30...told hubby he owed me a massage.
Met a new contact online and we just seems to click and talked till 1am when I realised the time I cut it short and offto bed.
Slept like a log.
Woke at 8 had breakfast.
Did a walking DVD i had borrowed off a friend in Dunedin when I was there last. 45mins good work out and I kept up step for step.
Did what seemed like a million loads of washing...load was crammed full and some on clothes airer. 2 hrs scrubbing and cleaning kitchen and bathroom.
LUnch was tomatoes on toasted yum.
Then I went for a walk, had promised myself a hill walk today so managed that. It was a lovely afternoon, bit breezy but lovely.Nice to get some fresh air. 1hr
Came home and had a Nana nap.
Srcambled eggs and mixed veges for tea.
Working tomorrow because I have taken Friday off to go to Christchurch. At least he has decided on 7.30 start.

4 Comments:

At March 06, 2006 9:37 am, Blogger Anne said...

Great work with the bike ride - you seem to be going so well - keep up the fantastic work!!

 
At March 06, 2006 5:35 pm, Blogger Karen said...

Yay for doing the bike ride - awesome effort and great time.
You are doing so well.

 
At March 06, 2006 6:38 pm, Blogger michelle said...

lots of exercise for you young lady. Great effort.

 
At March 08, 2006 8:29 am, Blogger Tracey Anne said...

Holy heck your exercise is incredible!! What an inspiration. Keep up the great work!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home