Felicity's Weight Loss Journey

Hi my name is Felicity. I am 45, married 10 years November 05 and live in a small town in the middle of the South Island. I have been over weight since I was 11 and always hassled at school.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Been sitting here looking at a Blank page for ages cause I couldn't think of anything to say!!

Started a food journal again this week-however just cause u rite it down doesn't mean it is good choices...need to work on what goes in my mouth and the quantity.

Exercise has been a little slow the last few days I have had a very bad crike in my neck, can hardly move it. Did manage a 4.5 k bike ride this afternoon which I enjoyed it was a glorious day.

Last weekend I had a change of plans and ended up going to Christchurch instead of Timaru. On Friday morning I made a last minute desission to go to Chch. When i did another 10k walk in Timaru in October I crosssed the finish line and it reminded me how alone I am in my journey...there wasn't anyone there to cheer me home. I knew if I went to Chch i would have a support crew at the end and I did some of the girls I have meet thru WW sites I visit entered the event also and we meet up b4 and they all were there at the end. Then I was talking to my girlfriend on the Sat b4 and she said she'd be there so her and her family were also there it was great, my own husband couldn't make the effort to come with me and wave the flag of success at the end but my girlfriend hubby could. Oh well I know where I stand. The chch event was 12k and I did it in 2.32 pleased with that, only real problem was wanting to go to toilet at the 6k mark oh it was pretty uncomfortable by th 10k mark and I did a wee detour via the Samoan church and used there very nice clean facilities after all they did have 'Vistors Welcome' on the sigh heheheh. Got away from there about 1 after prize giving etc and Annette and her family took me back to the car...which just happened to be parked by the pool for me to have a spa I soaked and enjoyed spa for 25 mins would have liked longer but was already late had hoped to be getting groceries by 1. Never left Chch till nearly 5 I knew it was gonna be a long trip home...pulled in Mums drive at 10.30, very grateful to be home safely.

Have a rest this weekend and then next weekend we do it all over again. Sun Latte duathlon back in Chch....I have to be more organised and get out of town earlier must get on road and home at a safer pace. If I wasn't working the next day I could stay over but need to be at work 8.30 Monday.

Went for a lovely walk around the lake with my brother on Tuesday, he was visiting for 3 days from Perth...oh I forgot to say. When I went to see him he said 'What have u done with the rest of my sister?' Gave me a real buzz, he is not one for commenting. Anyways back to the walk it was lovley up's and downs but a good track and easy enough had my heart pumping and was breathing heavy at finish but recovered quickly. Got back to car and it was hot so opened all the windows and drove home...realised this afternoon that is probably where the stiff neck has come from I could feel the cool breeze blowing straight on my neck. Can tell you won't do that again in a hurry.

Well it is 10pm and I think I'll head to bed, I am surprised how quiet it is actually...there was a large rowing regatta in town thru the week and it finished today thought there would have beeen yahooing and noise all night one roudy car and that has been it.

Nite all.

3 Comments:

At April 01, 2006 11:05 pm, Blogger Cathy said...

Nite Felicity

You're go get em attitude is making think about some of the fun run/walks here in Melbourne

Good luck with your next Duathlon

Cathy

 
At April 02, 2006 3:08 pm, Blogger Chubbymum said...

Felicty that you for the CommentSSS on my blog you are one in a million and I love ya for it!!!

I wish you didn't live so far because I would have been at the end of the walk that is for sure.

Why wasn't your hubby there? It seems a shame he isn't going on this journey with you. I wouldn't be without the support of my hubby but if you ever want to chat you know my email hun.

I can't wait to meet you in April it is going to be fantastic.

Love Chubbymum.
P.S I wish you posted more often because I love reading about your days.

 
At April 02, 2006 3:09 pm, Blogger Chubbymum said...

he he I meant Thank you for the CommentSSSS.

Geesh me and my typos.

Love Chubbymum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home