Felicity's Weight Loss Journey

Hi my name is Felicity. I am 45, married 10 years November 05 and live in a small town in the middle of the South Island. I have been over weight since I was 11 and always hassled at school.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

just sitting with me feet up for 5 mins


dish washer is churning washing machine is onto its 8th load 4 already on line nearly dry ready for next lot bathroom sparkles kitchen clean except floor-hate washing floors...ready for the next mess which isnt far off cause I am about to make the pav. havn't made one in years but couldnt get one in town Monday (well I could but wasnt paying 12 dollars) will give it ago. Will make a quiche for tea with the yokes.

Remembered this morning I was gonna get hubby one of those fly zappers and a pair of jandles...he is ALWAYS steeling my jandles forgot oh well to sad never mind. Got him a couple of daft pressies.... he won't be happy but tough. He has got me a NEAT pair of boots off trade. I am thrilled to bits with them...bring on winter so I can wear them.

off to Mum's tomorrow to make shortbread I am sure we said last 2 yrs we are not making it again but family DEMANDS it...take the whizz around and cuts hours off time but still lot of fuss for something I dont even eat. family tradition...my grandmother (mum's mum) always made shortbread for Xmas and we'd get a little pack usually in a bell tea packet so when she died mum started doing it, this was fine 20 yrs ago when she was well enough but now she just hasnt got the strength in her hands etc so i have helped last 4 yrs but with work it is a pain in the arse...blow the christmas spirt. Will make a couple of batches and then when son comes over in feb will make some more then he LOVES Grandma's shortbread.

Monday we have champayne breakfast with the work crowd..another tradition then work till 4. and into the party spirit again, havent been out since we had the work bus trip so well past time for a blow out.

Hubby and I are having a quiet at home day Xmas. I plan to make pancakes with peaches and maple syrup for breakie(has any one else tried the Queens maple syrup without added sugar it's yummy and I just use it at Xmas so think its a good treat 300ml bottle and its its 3rd year. Then we pla to go for a walk...had planned a tramp up Mt Cook way Tasman glacier but my knee isnt up to that so will just go for a walk along the lake 1hr return. Then lunch is just going to be a HUGE platter of nibblles all stuff normally dont eat thru the year..olives, cheeses, salami for himself, smoked chicken, ham off bone, more cheeses, breads crackers, chutneys and dips(gonna have a go at making hummus if I get a chance tomorrow) also have strawberries and grapes etc ordered. for pud will make my broken glass jelly (Felicity adpated version) said pav, one hopes, with yogurt and fresh fruit. decided not to make a trifle, hubby not so keen on it and really dont NEED it myself. Still have Xmas pud in pantry from last year and HAVE to have cream on that...might make that for tea.

Well my blogging family I best get moving this pav isnt gonna jump out of the recipe book and into the over without my help.

talk soon.....
update

Ouch

got bitten

by the


The Christmas bug...made my pav and thought hey y not put the Xmas Cd's on and one thing lead to another and next thing the Xmas tree was up looks ok too need an extention cord for the 3rd set of lights but otherwise looks ok and with the decorations already up(still from last year hehehe) lounge looks almost Xmasy will through vacum around tomorrow I am whacked now and still have to make tea was hoping to manage a wee bike ride this evening too...promised myself a ride this week and hey there ain't a lot of the week left.

3 Comments:

At December 22, 2007 2:20 pm, Blogger Lyn said...

Wow you have been busy!!! Love home made pavs!! So much better than the bought ones!

If I don't catchup with ya before Christmas have a really good one!!!

 
At December 22, 2007 5:30 pm, Blogger Chris H said...

Shit you are so good doing all that cooking!!! I have done NONE! But I did get bitten by that bloody bug and have the tree up for the SECOND time this year!

 
At December 23, 2007 8:01 am, Blogger Anne said...

Have a great Christmas Felicity! I did some shortbread yesterday - always a Christmas thing in our house as well - also will be making pav tomorrow:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home