Felicity's Weight Loss Journey

Hi my name is Felicity. I am 45, married 10 years November 05 and live in a small town in the middle of the South Island. I have been over weight since I was 11 and always hassled at school.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Well! where do I start?

guess if I work from the now backwards would be easiest.

Just finished a delishious meal of salmon steak cooked in a smidge of olive oil and a huge plate of salad with meslin lettuce, apricot, low fat feta, lite cottage cheese(was only scrapes of each so splashed out with both)black olives, sundried tomatoe, red onion, green capsicum slice and seafood dressing lite. Bloody awesome and not a speck of need for guilt-was thinking pizza but didn't really have the money.

Back from weight management-the last 3 weeks I have had little gains all related to water retention and I wasn't overly worried about but frustrating all the same. This afternoon my ankles were very swollen so I guzzled 3lts of water and put my feet up for an hour peeing every 10 mins or so and by six my ankles looked WAY better and guess what a 4 kilo loss yes this is offical but the gains of 2.5 over last 3 weeks weren't 'real' so really 4k isn't 'true' either but I am 4k lighter than I was last week and that is the important thing I AM LIGHTER.

Hubby has been out of town for last 3 days while away he got me a pair of walking sports sox recommended by Helena thanks mate. Brand is Thorlos wish they had been on special but I wasn't paying and I am worth the cost. He also bought me home a lovely bunch of daffodils and 3 pretty polyanthus'all for doing so well in my journey and some fresh veges brocolli yeah haven't had broc for ever been so expencive.


Today at work my work mate, these girls have been a great support along the way-I have to order a top for promotion event next summer and first year was mens 5xl last year was mens 2xl this year I have ordered a girlies size 20-I am just so stokked size 20 wow.

Sunday Went for an 18k walk took me 4hrs 10mins and I am very pleased...got a bit lonely along the way so I txt a few friends and got spurred on with there support. Thanks guys. Very pleased with how I felt on Monday bearly even stiff...wouldn't wanna do it again on Monday but pleased all the same.

My baby(Anthony) 29th birthday on Saturday-wow where did the time go-I rung him, we had sent him some photos, with his card, of me doing the Chch marathon he was very impressed with weight loss and thrilled to hear how I'm doing this was a really buzz. Sometimes we are a bit at logger heads so was great to hear. (When I lost in 2000-2001 I was mortified when Anthony came home from Oz and never made acomment on my weight loss hell he had to notice a loss of 35k but never said a thing it hurt and I let the well why friggen bother gremlins take over and gained it all back...also had depression REAL bad. What made me start again...Anthony when we were in Oz March 2005 and huffing and puffing exhausted in the heat of Sydney summer he said Mum can you loose some weight I don't want you to die that was enough...he did care afterall. 50k later he is proud of me. Not sure if I mentioned last time Anthony and I spoke he made mention of coming over in Oct and I said hope it's same time as my duathlon well guess what it is same weekend I am absolutely over the moon that he will be there cheering me over the finish line...now my boy isn't very good at communicating and showing his feelings so I am not expecting loud roars when I come over finish line but he will have a glimmer of a smile and him just being there will be a HUGE buzz.

Worked all last week so pretty much shattered at end of day-could have easily ordered pizza any of the nights but I didn't and did I tell you the scales paid me a huge reward.

Rambled on enough. Nite all.

12 Comments:

At August 09, 2006 8:10 am, Blogger Chubbymum said...

OMG dinner sounded yuuummmmmyyyy it has made me crave salmon now.. hmm might go get some for dinner tonight or tomorrow night hmmmm.

Thanks for the chat yesterday hun... Sorry I wasn't on for long just that this house gets hectic around that time he he he and dinner had to be made for the starving monkeys he he

Well done on the loss hun. Send it my way!!!

Chubbymum

 
At August 09, 2006 8:50 am, Blogger Anne said...

You amaze me with your walking. You have come such a long way and should be so proud of yourself.

Also you ideas with meals shows that we can have heatlhy, delicious food and never have to feel deprived.

Maybe your son not commenting is a male thing. My son didn't say anything at all when he saw me quite a bit lighter. I was wondering if he had even noticed, but then found out later he had commented to his sister. they do care, but just don't show it.

 
At August 09, 2006 10:48 am, Blogger Rachel said...

I have written down all your ingredients for your delicious salad and will make sure I pick everything up on my next shopping trip as it sounds SO YUM!

Excellent loss - 4kgs WOW!

 
At August 09, 2006 5:27 pm, Blogger Ang said...

I'm sure you have a very proud son! Its a shame sometimes that some people just don't know exactly how to put into words how they are feeling!

 
At August 09, 2006 8:57 pm, Blogger Helena said...

18kms????????? bloody hell, you are a legend! Great to hear about the socks - I'm sure you'll enjoy them, my dog did! bit like my points finder ... pissed me off completely LOL

 
At August 10, 2006 4:37 pm, Blogger Chubbymum said...

Hi :o) You'll probably hate me for this, but its great publicity! lol I have TAGGED you, so I hope you will take the challenge. Check it out over at my blog

 
At August 10, 2006 8:16 pm, Blogger Karen said...

Ooops I have tagged you too hun... sorry didn't realise CM had already tagged you! :)

 
At August 14, 2006 10:15 am, Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Felicity,
I had Jo (Just4Jo) around for dinner on Saturday night and I made this salad of yours and it was divine......we both just loved it!
See ya, Rach

 
At August 14, 2006 9:56 pm, Blogger Cinders said...

Well done on the huge walk Felicity. I love the sound of your salad. Enjoy your week.

 
At August 19, 2006 4:54 pm, Blogger Anne said...

Hi Felicity - hope you are ok??

 
At August 20, 2006 9:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You still kickin down there?

 
At August 21, 2006 1:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you my friend!!!

Need to know you are ok!!!

CM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home