Felicity's Weight Loss Journey

Hi my name is Felicity. I am 45, married 10 years November 05 and live in a small town in the middle of the South Island. I have been over weight since I was 11 and always hassled at school.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Yummy meals today

Last nite I made yummy

vege soup with alphabet noodles
beef provenical with rice
pancakes with mxd berries(made pancakes made with splenda) (others had cream but not me)

Then for lunch today
made

Salmon Puffs with avocado and egg

Tea

left over soup
Spag bolognese(chicken)

red onion1
garlic 2cloves
carrot1
celery 1 stick
red capsicum 1
olive oil 2 tbsp
chicken mince 350gms
frozen spinach /2cp defrosted
italian chopped tomatoes 1 can
tomato paste 1 tbs
wine 1/4 cp or chicken stock(I used water)
water 1/4cp
fresh basil
salt and pepper

Chop the vegetables finely. Heat the oil heavy base pan over a med heat
Put all fresh veges cook until softened about 10mins.
Add chicken mince cook until has colour.
Add tomato, wine, water, spinach and paste.
Simmer for around 20mins and sauce thickens.
Taste and add spices if ish chilli, oregano, paprika.
Simmer for 5 minutes more.
Just before serving add basil or other fresh herbs.

Salmon Puff with chopped egg and avocado

Toast one side of rye bread
Drain tinned slamon and remove bones. Mix with egg white.
Pile on untoasted side of bread
Grill until puffed and golden.
Peel and destone avacado, slice
Shell boiled egg and chop
Arrange egg and avcado on top salmon mix.
Garnish with chopped parsley

both recipes from April Healthy Food mag, great book.

Hubby of course after eating his tea and was told it was chicken now thinks I am trying to kill him. He doesn't like chicken.
Good way to spend a wet Sunday afternoon-of course registering for more events.
Sept 30th Lovelock Memorial Fun Run/Walk 10ks in Timaru(did this one last year)
Nov 19th 'Sure you can do it' Womans Triathlon in Temuka
Sent check away for Contures Duathlon Series
Oct 8th 06
Nov 5th 06
Dec 10th 06
Of course the dates are also out for She series(now called More FM Tri Series
so
Wanaka Feb 3rd 07
Christchurch Feb 18th 07
Also considering very strongly in doing the
Buller Gorge Half Marathon Feb 10th 07

So definately going to have to find some ne shoes that will like playing my feet. The shoes I have worn until now are no longer imported them could be a marathon all of it's own finding new shoes for walking in my budget.

2 Comments:

At June 11, 2006 9:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy these recipes hun... will have to go and try them out hmmmmmmm

Love Chubbymum

 
At June 13, 2006 11:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I looked hard for you at the marathon, my sister was running, but I though I saw you and then you were gone. Well done, you are one amazing women, so motivated and focused. Keep up the good work

Cheers

Margaret

 

Post a Comment

<< Home