Felicity's Weight Loss Journey

Hi my name is Felicity. I am 45, married 10 years November 05 and live in a small town in the middle of the South Island. I have been over weight since I was 11 and always hassled at school.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Snow-15 inches of it!!!

Sunday afternoon it started raining HEAVY and at times I thought it was going to come thru the roof e went to bed about 10.30 at 11.30 the rain stopped and I got up at 2am and oops snow and lots of it and still snowing 4am I got up again and was going to take a photo it looked so pretty with the full moon etc couldn't find camera and then wham everyhting was in darkness-you guessed it the power was off. No street lights, no house lights, black out well as it happened it was off till 10pm tonight so 42 hours nothing. Thankfully we had the fire so fueled it up and are able to cook on it and boil water for COFFEE and washing dishes and sponge bath for humans. The freezer was biggest worry-we have stocked up for winter so 2 deep freezes FULL. I took the top layers and have buried it in the snow and it is a good frost out so will be ok till tomorrow. Went for a lovely walk this afternoon good to get some fresh air in the lungs couped up for 2 days the snow is beautiful and except for couple of icy patches walk was great.
Thankfully we are now back to normal-suspect I'll be called into work tomorrow so best get to bed hell yes it is nearly midnight.

3 Comments:

At June 14, 2006 6:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

been thinking of ya mate, watching the south island snow on the tellie and thinking wow how cool! LOL glad to hear you have made it through ok brrrrrrrrr keep warm!

 
At June 14, 2006 7:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He he he you make me chuckle hun. That is sooooo using your head with the food out in the snow hun woohoo for you.

I have been thinking of you! Big hugs my friend and keep warm.

Love CM

 
At June 15, 2006 12:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds beautiful but cold!! Brrr - hope things are back to normal soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home