Felicity's Weight Loss Journey

Hi my name is Felicity. I am 45, married 10 years November 05 and live in a small town in the middle of the South Island. I have been over weight since I was 11 and always hassled at school.

Monday, September 19, 2005

I've been home a few day's but

all those life things have got in the way of me blogging sooner.
Had a fantastic time away in Palmerston Nth-I so didn't want to come home and back to reality. I went to aqua jogging everyday even went the morning I left P/N as my flight wasn't until 2.45, actually thought it was 12...b4 going to airport we went to some little shopping centre called 'the terrace' I think oh there was some lovely clothing shops there and in my size...prices were up there but the quality was way above anything down here and I wouldn't mind paying for quaility items...just wouldn't have as many cause oh boy did I do some buying hehehehe.

Meet up with Janene on the Sunday and it was jsut so lovely to meet her and her family, she is just as nice a person as I thought she would be and made me feel very welcome. We nattered for way longer than i intended staying, like you do with friends and good company. After leaving Janene's I called into The Warehouse and bought a heap of clothes the t-shirts etc colours and styles so different than I have seen here but then hey in fairness maybe we haven't got the spring/summer lines in yet. So I am pretty set for the summer season-pity the weather has turned to custard and there is several inches of snow on the ground and miserably cold. I have got rid of my winter clothes can see I'll have to go with the layered look when I go out walking later.

I flew to Chch on Wednesday, one of my bags got left at P/N so that was a little bit of 'excitement' my biggest concern was it was all my dirty washing and smelly walking shoes so hoped they didn't have to open it-I had visions of knickers flying everywhere, it arrived at Aunty Phyl's about 7.30. I stayed over night at my Aunties. We went to Pioneer Stadium for Aqua Aerobics and I am still suffering and it is Monday, my shoulders didn't like it one bit...so it is plain to see my arms need more work. After a much needed coffee I loaded the car and left for supermarkets etc at 2 I was nearly passing out so finished shopping and went to lunch at Denny's nearest I could think of-had apricot chicken and salad no fries well u should have seen the huge plate of salad enough to choke a donkey. I ate half and asked for a container to takeaway the rest. Had 3 cups of coffee and started again. called into Warehouse on Blenheim Road oh my god it is huge-got Mum's potting mix and some cd's for the trip home a 6 cd set of 50/60/70's music for $7 ideal for in the car and doesn't matter if the heat buggers it at that price. decided to call into Leslie's at Hornby for another much needed coffee and quick hidihi and on the road at 5.30. Ashburton countdown for meat and frozens except they have had a huge change around and I couldn't find a bloody thing. Sat at Carpark opposite McDonalds had a rest and then back on road again by Fairlie and it was 9.20 I thought I am gonna fall asleep so stopped and rung Mum on public phone as my cellphone died while away she was worried sick as I knew she would be as I had planned on being home by about 6, 8 at latest and she had rung Aunty Phyl and she said I'd left at 11(if she had rung Leslie she'd had realised I was running late) I reminded her I was doing her shopping and I wouldn't have stopped at Warehouse or Countdown if not for her stuff and that is at least 2.5 hours extra time and would have made me about 7 home. Anyway when I got home and unloadd the car it was 11.45 and I was stuffed so I put away anything that perished and left the rest...infact the tinned stuff still isn't away. I had to be up again at 5.15 for work I can tell you it was a long Friday. (snuck a look at scales and a loss of 100gms for the holiday week so stoked with that)

Saturday there was a health expo on here so went to that and suppose to be a walking group set up but as i was only one arrived for that it was a bit of a fizzer. Got Jo to check my blood pressure even though she had only done it last week but i still don't believe it is so good, but it was perhaps that is what is wrong with me it is to low-having woozy fits and headaches, but then it could also be that I can't see. (I bought a cheap pair of reading glasses while away cause I couldn't read the bloody road map and phone book) I will have to do something about it very soon. Got a lot of phamphlets and will read up I'm sure there is something in them I don't know. Was also Hubby's birthday saturday so after he finished work at 2 we went to Omarama for late lunch at the new café it is called "The Wrinkly Ram" and if u are ever driving past stop in it is very nice. Had a lovley warm apricot chicken salad and it was devine chicken was so tender u could have cut it with a spoon. Also very reasonable price I thought. By the time we got home I was frozen and tired and ached all over so went to bed at 7.30 slept all night barring loo stops and felt a heap better on Sunday

Sunday Mum and I went for a walk in afternoon I went around and we walked back here and loooked at my garden well what you can see of it thru the weeds and had a look at my purchases didn't look nearly as much when I was showing her, we then went around to a firends and looked at her garden it is just beautiful, I think it is one of the nicest gardens in town. Had coffee and unfortunately she had made some yummy chocolate fudge balls so it would have been rude not to have one now wouldn't it. We left there about 4 I walked Mum back home but didn't stop as I wanted to get back here and washing etc in b4 my programm started on telly at 5.30 on channel 8 Living Channel called 'Low carb and Loving it' they made some yummy desserts last night I probably won't be making them but oh they looked scrummy. We had fish pie and salad for tea and just watched some telly still didn't get to bed b4 11 by which time the weather had turned to custard. Sun is trying hard to come out now so may warm a little for my walk after all. Well best post this and get dresses hel yes it is nearly 10.30 best get some housework done b4 day is over.
Weigh in tomorrow so looking forward to that. Will post results tomorrow.

7 Comments:

At September 19, 2005 10:45 am, Blogger jak said...

Phew, sounds like a busy, busy trip! Good on you for getting in lots and lots of exercise - and yay for lots of fun clothes shopping too! :)

 
At September 19, 2005 11:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just caught the bit about you being up here in PN - will there be a next time? What time did you go to the aqua classes and what pool - we could have passed each other!

 
At September 19, 2005 2:23 pm, Blogger Leighanne said...

Sounds like you had a great time away:)

 
At September 19, 2005 5:32 pm, Blogger Suzy said...

Sounds like a great trip and you still did plenty of exercise. Sounds like lots of fun shopping too! You must have been so tired to go back to work so early.

 
At September 19, 2005 8:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back! Sounds like an awesome trip away - alway so refreshing taking time out eh? Neato about the clothes shopping, now thats always worth a trip! woohoo :)

 
At September 19, 2005 10:05 pm, Blogger Janine said...

I am so glad youenjoyed your trip away. I have been meaning to catch up with you on MSN, but mine keeps crashing :(

 
At September 20, 2005 9:19 am, Blogger Sue said...

What a busy time you had! You manage to pack so much into your days, and still you fit in your exercise. Nice to hear you had a good time. Hopefully this last blast of winter will go away soon and we'll be back to our lovely warm days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home