Felicity's Weight Loss Journey

Hi my name is Felicity. I am 45, married 10 years November 05 and live in a small town in the middle of the South Island. I have been over weight since I was 11 and always hassled at school.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

day one

hi Lyn thanks for your concern re me Mother.
Actually I not sure what the symtoms were other than extremely swollen. The district nurse seen her first on her normal check ups then nurse was concerned so refered her to the local GP...who gave her an ingestion and did heart tests etc and decided as much as precautionary measure being the distance we need to travel...they wanted her to go in ambulance but good old Felicity can take her. But in the end was all good.

restart day going ok...was going to leave it till Monday as I am off out to Dinner with friends tonight but thought nope starting today as I promised myself...will make the best choices I can tonight....thinking about going on to the club after dinner. Enjoying this social butterfly I have become hehehehe

Day so far
Coffee is with trim milk no sugar
Cereal is branflakes, all bran, rolled oats, puffed wheat-millet and rice, coconut, sunflower seeds and raisins usually it also has slivered almonds and pumpkin seeds but they were 2 of the things I forgot as shops on Thursday

Breakfast (6.30)

slice fruit toast
coffee

30min walk

Breakfast(9.30)

Cereal Trim milk and tinned peaches
coffee

11.30
cup of tea with Sharon

Lunch 1.30

4 slices sandwich bread
grated cheese onion and tomato toasted sammies

snack 4

apricot fresh fruity yogurt

Dinner hhhmmm who knows

1 Comments:

At October 28, 2007 9:11 am, Blogger Lyn said...

Ahhh yes the swelling, very comon sign of dvt (deep vein thrombosis) but as you have found out there are a few other things that can have the same symptoms. Fortunately for your mum it wasn't a leg clot. That in itself is not the problem, it's if the clot moves to the heart, lung or brain. Ok enough ambo talk now before I put you all to sleep! lol

Thanks for the feedback tho. Sadly I have lost alot of respect for local GPs since doing ambo. I've realised how many times they get it wrong. So good that you had her checked out by the hospital too.

Never be scared to get an ambulance tho, because if something does happen midtrip they can have help right there to attend to the situation, especially if it had of been a clot with the motion on the road could have moved it eslewhere round the body. Of course not a telling off, but I know alot of people don't want to bother the ambulance but we are sitting round waiting for callouts so it's no bother at all!

Ok ok enough already!! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home