Felicity's Weight Loss Journey

Hi my name is Felicity. I am 45, married 10 years November 05 and live in a small town in the middle of the South Island. I have been over weight since I was 11 and always hassled at school.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

huge day yesterday

left here at 7 to take Mum to Timaru hospital for her op (complete knee reconstruction) this appointment has been changed so many times I have lost count. We were at Fairlie and hour from home another 3/4 to get to Timaru and my cell rings...where is Mrs Drummond I said in the loo actually oh she is suppose to be at hospital I said yes 12 oclock (this is 9.15) no says lady on phone 8.30...it was changed be a pity if someone had told us. Anyways after sorting she had not eaten etc told to get her there asap so I dropped her at hospital and literally run. My appointment was at 10. Rung at 8 last night she was groggy but ok and all went well as far as she knew...didnt take here to theatre till 3pm hhhhmmm glad it was a rush.

My appointment-well it si official I have a sore knee scan and xrays to prove it. So next step is to see if ACC will coff up for surgery. Try and avoid walking but biking is ok...i am sure pushing a pram with a grand daughter isnt considered walking...if I havent mentioned it recently I can say now its next week I go.

After appointment and grabbed a sandwich and some fruit from shops it was back hour and 3 quarter drag to home in time for work at 2..had time for a quick coffee and changed my clothes and off. As it happened it had been a busy day and it was full on from second I got there.

Had coffee with a mate after work she had yet another parcel for Miss Sarah Kate- thanks god it is only lite I would think its hand knitted as Pam is BEAUTIFUL knitter left there at 6.

Got home to a miracle- Husband had emptied the dishwasher. Then when I said we were having Sheperds pie for tea(had roast lamb night b4 and plenty of left over meat) he said where is the mincer and I'll do it...well after ya picked me up off the floor from shock I got mincer sorted and he minced to his heart content then peeled the spuds and I sat back and luved every minute of it. He also handed me an envelope with a card have a lovely holiday and 100 aussie dollars so I take back any nasties I said about him yesterday. I was really frilled...he does have a heart afterall.

right best get wiggle on and do the getting ready for work thing. Need the money I think I have a problem...I can't stop buying baby stuff. I really need to stop..I just paid for the trade I have won over last few days and it came to ALOT and the thing is how am I gonna get any more in the bloody bag...and have couple of things to collect in Chch too. I have to stop I will stop oh to hell with it who am I kidding I aint gonna stop heheh

Have a GREAT Wednesday ya'll

3 Comments:

At September 26, 2007 9:53 am, Blogger Sue said...

Great to hear he's pulling up his socks - long may it continue! Maybe he's remembering what we all know - you're a wonderful woman!

 
At September 26, 2007 1:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is he cute or what... he is trying my friend..

That is great... some guys wouldn't ever change no matter what so take it hun... and tell him when he is doing something that makes you happy because if he knows you are feeling appreciated and he is being appreciated then they do it more.

Love ya
Chubbymum

 
At September 26, 2007 3:23 pm, Blogger Anne said...

How great that is making an effort. Lovely surprise for you getting the card as well.

Not long until you see that little one! How exciting!!! I went berserk buying for our first grandchild and then whoops 3 more arrived..... a bit harder now days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home