Felicity's Weight Loss Journey

Hi my name is Felicity. I am 45, married 10 years November 05 and live in a small town in the middle of the South Island. I have been over weight since I was 11 and always hassled at school.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Maybe I can believe I have lost weight afterall

tried on some clothes this afternoon-just to see what I had for summer clothes etc and do I really need to buy anythng(answer to that is pretty much nope dont NEED anything beat that won't stop me buying)-anyway back to reason for post pulled out my old size 30 pants I use to wear(and they were a tight fit seams stretched to the limit) what a sight. I got the ruler out there was 6inches gap between me and the band of pants I didnt try but think I could nearly get both legs in one I had to hitch them up to walk as they were far to long. I got in car and went reound to show Mum and Dad (Mum took a photo I was going to get hubby to take one on digital camera when I got back but didnt) they were very chuffed and lots of positive talk. Came back home hubby by this time was up and his comment was 'what are we going to do with the dehumidifier' we had leant it to a friend and they had returned it thru the afternoon there was clothes all over the lounge from me trying on stuff so I started putting them away either back into the to small crate, some to bring to P/N or in the summer pile...do you think 7prs of white 3/4 pants will be enough to get me thru the summer....why have you got all those clothes out was what I was asked. Also have some that fit me NOW nothing exciting some jammies I bought couple years ago and a nightie I bought in Aussie and just stuff I have had in the crate soon I am going to have an empty crate and no to small clothes. I was so pissed at husband lack of responce to my big baggy size 30 pants I didnt get him to take a photo...will get Sharon to take one tomorrow.

Hair appointment for colour and foils...happy hour tom night but do I want to go not sure hubby's day off so will see how I feel by time I go to hair dressers but would be nice to go out all flashed up.

Bought some kilo hand weights yesterday so did 20mins this afternoon.

Went to surgeon yesterday about knee have to go to christchurch for an MRI scan talking chopping open hmmm not what I wanted to hear I can tell u. Meant to ask him if I should hold off the yoga, fit ball, aqua fit, walking, cycling etc so must phone tomorrow.

Mum got her appointment for her knee surgery...14th Aug...not a good date when we are having a 70th bth day on the 18th so I rung today and they have changed her date to 26th I think it was. Cant have the guest of honour out of action.

Hubby wants the computer so best sign off.

3 Comments:

At July 27, 2007 7:10 am, Blogger Lyn said...

From reading your posts when you talk about hubbies lack of excitement about you it seems to me (and I may be wrong here but) that he sees you getting your life back, sees you getting passionate about stuff, whether that's doing your duathalons or flying up to a bloggers weekend and he's only got his trains. He probably liked the security of when you 'needed' him but now you are showing signs that you don't need him as much. Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying that you 'need' him or don't 'need' him but that's how a male will see it ... she doesn't need me anymore, what is my worth here?

So don't get too upset by his words but see them for what they are ... his way of saying how he is feeling left out.

Yay for the baggy pants!!!! That's a cool feeling!!! Bill told me I need some new jeans the other day but I kinda like wearing them baggy, reminds me of where I've come from :o)

 
At July 27, 2007 7:26 am, Blogger Chris H said...

I'm with Lynn, maybe he's just feeling left out? Dunno,seems hurtful not saying something nice about your amazing weight loss though. So looking forward to seeing you! Don't forget to let me know what flight/time etc so I can come pick you up!!!!! Not long now mate.

 
At July 27, 2007 5:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must admit I agree with Lyn. A friend of mine lost a lot of weight and her hubby did the same thing. It is like they feel that you are having so much fun without them that they don't matter..

Woohoo on the pants hun. You sound so positive in this post too... wow I bet you were feeling just fab about the pants and the 6 inches.

1 week to go!

Love CM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home