Felicity's Weight Loss Journey

Hi my name is Felicity. I am 45, married 10 years November 05 and live in a small town in the middle of the South Island. I have been over weight since I was 11 and always hassled at school.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

I hate gardening

Firstly thanks everyone for all the encouraging and supportive comments, about my loss, I was blown away with them all and the support means heaps to me thnaks guys.

Went for a 30min walk this morning after folding and putting away a MOUNTAIN of washing. Called and collected Mum she and I walked/strolled around here, she is getting faster though-she had knee replacement 3 mths ago. And then we did some gardening-can't even see where we had been I might add 3 hrs of digging, scratching, trimming, stretching, bending and much growning. We had a drum of garden crude and all I can really tell I have done is planted my cherry tree and weeding the tulip trough. all I really have to show for it is that I am buggered. Stiff neck and shoulders.

Another milestone of weight loss journey-discarded the bra extention. Now this realy is a biggie because when I bought the bra maybe 4 mths ago I couldn't do it up even with the extention I had to get hubby to do it with me pushing my shoulders back as far as possible and it made my eyes pop out. Yester I did it up without any assistance.

I rung the hospital today to see if I could swap my appointment on Tuseday from 1pm to 2 so I could go to Aquagym. They have it tues and thurs around the corner from hospital and I didn't think I'd have got from pool to hospital intime. So now it's at 2pm so we can do the pool thing then I'll take Mum to the mammogram clinic for her appointment (my mammogram is at 11.15 so will be a rush from there to pool) and walk over to the hospital. So basically will be on the go all day oh what a surprise when we go to town.

Had a scrummy tea tonight
Pork snitzel filled with blue cheese and then topped with Mexican savoury tomatoes.
with broad bean
mashed kumara
corn and carrots
brocolli.
very tasty.

Long day at the office tomorrow god I hate Friday's. Will walk in morning, then back home for lunch and back after then home at 6. So is 4-30min walks for tomorrow, guess that is good. can't believe it is only a week since i was driving home from Chch and my holiday in P/N seems like heaps longer. So at leasst thankfully I won't be feeling as tired as I did last week.

Saturday morning I plan another biggie for me I am going to bike around Mac drive, this is roughly 3 k and in public and sure is first time in MANY a year since I have been out on public road on a push bike. Think I'll go out pretty early so there won't be so many ppl about. I also hope to get time to check out bikes when in town on Tuesday, don't want anything too expencive cause afterall it's not like I am going to get 'into' mountain biking. Biggest problem is gonna be a helmet, I have such a big head-like rest of me.

Well I think I might g and have a shower and an early night.

5 Comments:

At September 23, 2005 8:28 am, Blogger michelle said...

Busy day you do have ahead. Good luck with the tests. Lot of walking for you as well. Warning my butt was so sore after biking last week I may never do it again.

 
At September 23, 2005 10:36 am, Blogger Leighanne said...

Good luck with the bike riding - many people have advised to get a real comfy seat..as Michelle found out!
Have a great weekend:)

 
At September 23, 2005 11:57 am, Blogger Sue said...

Great news about the bra extension - maybe you can use it to tie the cherry tree to its stake!

 
At September 23, 2005 6:24 pm, Blogger Suzy said...

I hate gardening too! Love bike riding too and I agree get a good seat. My DH actually bought me another one after we bought my bike cause my butt was too sore. I now have a lambswool seat cover too so it is wonderful. Pork sounded so yummy!

 
At September 24, 2005 9:49 pm, Blogger CaramelKitKat said...

You're good at moving mountains....wanna come and work on my ironing one??

Congrats on the bra extention - and being able to dress yourself lol!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home